Go R1 Day 10
Day 10 of 100
- Experimented with CLI tool using go-prompt
- Customized initial options
- OS independent call to get user home directory.
- Iterated through a directory listing
- Used path join to initialize path for directory search.
- One challenge in working with structs being returned was figuring out how to print the values of the struct. Initially, I only had pointers to the values coming back. This made sense, though, as I watched a tutorial this weekend on slices, and better understand that a slice is actually a small data structure being described by: pointer to the location in memory, length, and the capacity of the slice. Without this tutorial, I think seeing the pointer addresses coming through would have been pretty confusing.
- In reading StackOverflow, I realized it’s a “slice of interfaces”.
- Worked with apex logger and moved some of the log output to debug level logging.
- Final result