Go R1 Day 35
- Worked with Taskflow a bit more.
- Need to identify better error handling pattern on when to resolve vs handle internal to a function, as it feels like I’m doing needless error checking.
- Wrote func to run terraform init, plan, and apply.
- This takes dynamical inputs for vars and backend file.
- Also dynamically switches terraform versions by running tfswitch.
Definitely more verbose code than powershell, but it’s a good way to get used to Go while achieving some useful automation tasks I need to do.
Example of some code for checking terraform path.
However, once I call this, I’m see more effort in handling, which feels like I’m double double work at times.